Thursday 18 March 2021

Shed No Tears

 




 

“Shed no Tears”

 

 

Shed not a tear at my departing, for I didn’t really leave;

Don’t surround yourself with sadness I don’t want you to grieve.

For I have ended all my ills and conquered all my pain;

I’ve defeated morbidity, dull days, sufferings long reign.

Now I can embrace eternity’s wondrous terrain

In its peaceful gardens, I shall walk again.

 

 

So don’t indulge in sadness or empty days,

But fill every waking moment in useful ways:

Reach out for solace and in good cheer,

I’ll be there to comfort you and to hold you near.

 

 

Now, dry the tear that may well in your eye,

Don’t for my mortal passing cry:

For my spirit dwells within you now as ere I fly:

Alive! Alive in your memory, I shall never die.

 

 

 Christopher J Green 1991

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment